By Tricia Dunlap (Esq. & CIPP/US)As a business owner, you sign contracts every day. How many times have you thought, “maybe I should have this contract reviewed by a lawyer?” When it comes to important legal documents, hiring a contract review lawyer is money well spent. Consider the costly (and sometimes catastrophic) mistakes that often result when business owners agree to a poorly written contract. Our experienced contract lawyers provide affordable contract review services based on a flat fee to businesses in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Here are five reasons to put the pen down and let Dunlap Law review your next business contract:
- Lower Risk and Avoid Costly Mistakes – It’s impossible to predict the future, but our attorneys have the legal experience to review your contract terms and identify potential problems and pitfalls for your business down the road.
- Protect Your Business Interests – When you’re receiving a business contract from the other side, it’s likely that the document was drafted by their lawyer. We help you level the playing field by understanding your goals and working to protect your best interests.
- Increase Your Negotiation Power – Negotiation always beats litigation. We proactively identify terms in a business contract that present an opportunity to be renegotiated and recommend language you can use in negotiations. Let us help you enter into more profitable partnerships.
- Strengthen Business Relationships – Set your business partnerships on a path to success. We can ensure that your business contracts clearly define the responsibilities of all parties and provide fair terms for dispute resolution. Avoid common errors that are inevitably caused by poorly written contracts.
- Have Confidence and Peace of Mind – Stop worrying about what you don’t know. Our independent counsel helps you fully understand the terms you’re agreeing to and how the contract will affect your business. Rest easy knowing your interests are protected, terms mirror what’s normal in the market, and that your agreement is binding.
Affordable, Flat-Fee Contract Reviews by Dunlap Law
- Red Flag Issues: Terms that we strongly recommend renegotiating or should otherwise be considered ‘deal breakers.’ Red flag issues can be toxic and should be addressed before proceeding.
- Yellow Flag Issues: Terms that merit caution and should be renegotiated if possible. If renegotiation isn’t possible, understanding these areas will help you avoid a breach of contract.
- Green Flag Issues: Terms that may require some special care on your part to remain in compliance.
Flat-Rate Contract Review PricingOur attorneys review, analyze, and advise on business contracts for a flat-fee as follows:
- One contract with fewer than 18 pages — $1,000
- A contract with 18 pages or more or a contract that references one other contract — $2,000
- Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- General Business Contracts
- Leases or Subleases
- Partnership/LLC Operating Agreements
- Product or Services Sales Contracts
- Non-Compete/Non-Solicitation Agreements